Online education is always connected with modern technologies. These technological novelties are intended to solve some education issues. The use of artificial intelligence and chatbots gain traction in online education.
A chatbot is a piece of software that conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. Such programs are often designed to convincingly simulate how a human would behave as a conversational partner.
Internationally chatbots in online education help students to get answers for their questions at all times of the day. New technologies permit to achieve good relationships with students, on a par with real communication with teachers.
The use of chatbots won’t replace real-life interaction with teachers but they may become a support tool of online education thanks to some advantages:
- chatbots never lose patience and always help students;
- chatbots offer a unique method of interaction with students via dialogue which is necessary for the educational process;
- chatbots save the history of communication with the student, allowing the student to reread the answer to a previously asked question at any time;
- chatbots help students to be involved in the process of online learning, telling them what to do, entertaining them and informing them at the same time;
- chatbots never get tired and continue to work every day during the entire training period.
Chatbots can make online learning more productive by offering personalized programs. This option saves time not only of the student, but also of the professor. They give the student the opportunity to get the necessary information immediately, and the teacher can spend more time on developing educational materials.
Innovations in cloud technologies have been brining great opportunities to online education.
Online education brings countless benefits from lower fees and location freedom to extra flexibility in terms of choosing your courses and the time you want to invest in studying.
Swiss International Institute Lausanne – SIIL was included in the list of the High schools recognized by the authorities of the canton Vaud.
On 15 November 2020 SIIL jointly with our partner SSHE (Swiss School of Higher Education, Montreux) announces the opening of the Swiss International Centre of Languages and Translation.